HOW TO MAKE IMPRESSIVE KHAKI PAPER BAGS
Khaki paper bags have become the new norm in our shopping routine. Cereals, sugar, rice, popcorn, chips, cookies…name it, are all carried away in khaki paper bags. Somebody somewhere is cashing in big on these packaging bags.
I am sure you have come across a unique name or an email address stamped on the khaki packaging bags. Homemade khaki paper bags have become a work-from-home option that is generating income.
This handicraft idea is a profitable do-it-yourself activity you can take up. Why not join other entrepreneurs as they reap from this venture.
I am here to guide you on how you can design homemade khaki paper bags in the comfort of your home and begin your journey to earning that extra income.
I will attach a video at the end of this article where I will demonstrate in simple easy to follow steps how to make homemade khaki paper bags. You can also check out this article, HOW TO MAKE 3 EFFECTIVE HOMEMADE ENVELOPES, and expand your knowledge, skills, and income.
As you make the khaki paper bags there are a few things you need to consider.
POINTS TO NOTE WHEN MAKING HOMEMADE KHAKI PAPER BAGS
- Khaki packaging paper bags are available in different qualities hence priced differently. They are measured in gsm.
- The papers are packaged in rolls. A one-kilogram roll contains 9 sheets.
- The one-kilogram roll is sold at Ksh. 300/=
- One sheet measures: width 74.5 cm and length 307.5 cm
- The best quality is the Kraft paper.
- I supply the Kraft paper. I also sell woodblocks and five-star glue. We are located in Muranga but have a pickup point in Nairobi.
- Once you buy the roll, you cut the sheets into the different sizes you need, whether ¼kg,1/2kg, or 1kg.
- A sheet can give you either 28 – 1/2kg paper bags, 54 – 1/4kg paper bags, or 19 – 1kg paper bags. You can also opt to mix the sizes if you do not want one size.
- To make the homemade khaki packaging paper bags into different sizes, you need woodblocks. The woodblocks are measured to fit the paper size of either the 1/4kg, 1/2kg, 1kg, or 2 kg paper bag.
- I sell the blocks as a set of three at Ksh.1200/=. You can take the blocks to your local fundi to design more if you need extra manpower to get the work done.
- The wood type doesn’t matter but the recommended size is 4 by 2 inches. In the video, I give specific measurements that you can give to your local carpenter to cut out.
- The recommended glue to use is the five-star bookbinding glue. It really ‘binds’ the edges as you need them to be. It doesn’t smell and it simply comes off when you wash your hands.
- Half kg glue costs Ksh 250/=…..one is enough to complete a two-kilogram roll.
- Pricing your khaki bags will depend on your location. Kindly research in your locality how much the wholesalers, retailers, or khaki bag vendors are pricing theirs, then adjust accordingly.
- Be keen on the size of the khaki packaging bag that is selling in your locality. This will help you avoid losses when you make a size that is not in demand.
- You can customize your paper bags by designing a stamp with your own name, email, or customer’s business name. This is one way of selling your brand and many wholesalers and supermarkets buy this idea.
- Packaging the paper bags will depend on your client’s needs. Some buy in kgs, others in bundles of 100 while others prefer buying a single paper bag.
- You will need a pack of rubber bands to package your paper bags. I have them in packages of ksh.100/- each.
With this information at hand, kindly take up the challenge and start your khaki bag packaging journey. Kindly comment as your feedback is much appreciated.
For inquiries and guidance, leave your email in the comment section and I will respond accordingly.
You can also check out my YouTube channel KUIDEE ONLINE CLASSROOM
for more of these video tutorials.
Watch the video below and learn how to make khaki packaging paper bags.
Kindly note that we no longer stock the reams discussed in this video but the packaging is now in rolls. The price of materials has also scaled upwards.
If you need face-to-face training, kindly contact Jamii Khaki Products. You will receive training, and all materials you need to start this business.